Friday, February 3, 2012

Sunshed


I bought the cutest garden shed about 10 years ago. A shed that has windows on the south side, so i thought i could use it as a greenhouse. Oh, the lure of a greenhouse.

As it works out, March nights are freezing in the little sunshed, and April days are sweltering. The plants perish if i forget to water them every forenoon and every afternoon. So the sunshed becomes simply a storage shed with a lot of south-facing windows.

Desire does funny things to our minds and feelings. The garden shed is still cute except that all those windows enable a passerby to look in and see all the junk stored in there. Piles of flower pots and stacks of garden stakes are not very scenic.

How many, many things we buy that don't quite live up to our dreams and expectations. I now buy things knowing that my probability of giving them away is higher than my probability of keeping them. I try to watch the feeling of desire in my body, and the tricks desire plays with my mind.

I have thought about giving the sunshed away or selling it at half-price. But then where would i store my gardening paraphernalia?

2 comments:

  1. This was exactly what I needed to read today. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that knowledge as I have been thinking of getting one.

    ReplyDelete