Friday, January 6, 2017

Phoenix Garden in London

Near my hotel in London, the Phoenix Garden is hidden away, a quiet oasis in the city. Even though the garden is closed for renovation, as i approached yesterday, i could suddenly hear birds singing. Birdsong immediately relaxed my heart.

In the city, in this busy city, i am usually walking with some tension and intention. So many things are unknown: Where am I going? How do i get there? Can I cross the street now? I have to remember, have to remember to look in the "wrong" direction for oncoming traffic. I have to be constantly alert, which adds up to stress.

Then, once in a while, i find a garden in the city, on some quiet back street. A place where birds sing. And i can relax.

1 comment:

  1. Thiết kế phòng cách tân cổ điển, mật độ chỉ 35%, phong cách sống đẳng cấp, hòa mình vào thiên nhiên tươi mát: Noah

    ReplyDelete