Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Noticing Pleasant, Unpleasant, and Neutral

by Guest Blogger, Jenny Holan

I have been doing my best to be alert, relaxed, and minimally planned/set/decided as the garden emerges. It now incorporates and makes its way amid the chaos of nature. I hold off expectations and let myself be surprised and delighted when something edible turns up.

Now i'm watching an unexpected pupa sheltering under weeds where the peas were, wondering what will develop.

I amused myself recently by observing my reaction when I sat in sunny grass, and a small moth flew up, landing briefly on my nose. I noticed I was waiting to pass judgment, but i actually had no opinion pending the identification of the cause of the sensation. I was ready to be awed had it been a beauteous butterfly, annoyed were it a deerfly, neutral if a spider.

Thinking makes it so.

No comments:

Post a Comment