Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Bee Stings

Backyard Beehive & Starter Kit | Williams Sonoma - Home Beekeeping Accessories - Beekeeping Gear - Apiary Equipment
While visiting a neighbor's garden, he showed me his beehive. He was just demonstrating how friendly the bees were by putting his bare hand near their entrance/exit at the bottom. That's when i felt a bee buzzing in my hair.

I tried to gently shoo the bee out of my hair, but that only made her mad. When one bee stung me on the scalp, i started running away from the hive, but i could feel a couple of bees still in my hair. Another sting on my neck. Then the owner of the beehive started chasing me and swatting bees (and me!) One more sting on my arm, and i hurried away from that garden as fast as possible.

I could be mad at the bees. I could be mad at the beekeeper. I could be mad at myself for not just standing still. Or i could simply feel the next-day itch of each sting. Itching is what's happening in the present moment. The bees have come and gone. The stings have come and gone.

I'm going to look for the anti-itch gel.

1 comment:

  1. When i got stung 2 weeks ago it hurt like crazy for a minute or 2 adn then i was fine - but the next day! SUch itching! Is there really a gel? I think i used aloe vera, but don't remember it helping...

    ReplyDelete