Friday, January 20, 2012

Making a List and Checking It Twice

It's January. It's cold. It's icy. It snowed last night. It's a good time to curl up with a seed catalog, or a stack of seed catalogs, and dream of spring.

But before i go too far, i need to check my inventory. Don't i already have 10 half-used packets of bean seeds?

Last summer i actually organized my seed packets by month--March (start indoors), April (the cold resistant seeds that can be directly sown into the ground), and May (the tender crops and annual flowers).

The seed catalogs beckon seductively. Yes! I want.... I want....

This is a great opportunity to notice how desire feels in the body. Notice the tricks desire plays with the mind.

Checking my inventory? How boring. (unpleasant) I don't want to go down to the cool, dark basement. (unpleasant) I don't want to make a list. (unpleasant) I don't want to think too hard and figure it out. (unpleasant)

Can't i just open the beautiful catalogs (pleasant) and buy whatever my little "heart" DESIRES?

No comments:

Post a Comment