Saturday, March 19, 2016

Pulmonaria is Blooming

Pulmonaria is blooming! In a very protected spot. That's good, because nighttime temperatures, which have been almost warm, are falling back into down to 20 degrees.

Pulmonaria, also called lungwort, is so-named because it's spotted leaves supposedly look like lungs. The lovely flower begins as a pink bud, but becomes blue as it ages.

A leopard may not be able to change its spots, but we, fortunately, can change our outlook on life.

Recently, my sweetie was recalling an incident from 20 years ago in which i behaved poorly. "That was cruel," he said. Gee, i never thought of such behavior as cruel; it was just the way my dad brought me up.

On second thought, i realized that my behavior had been unkind on that day so long ago. "Please forgive me," i said to him.

I'm trying to change the color of my mind, from unthinking to thoughtful.

No comments:

Post a Comment