Thursday, May 27, 2010

Multiply by Dividing

Local libraries and garden clubs are having plant sale fund-raisers on Saturday mornings in May. What a great opportunity for me to make a charitable contribution--a truck-load of plants!

Studies show that philanthropists--those who donate and those who volunteer--are happier than those who don't.

Just this morning i was out in the iris bed digging up the yellow irises that have no scent. I love iris for their fragrance, and i'm partial to purple. Yellow is good as an accent, but now i have too many yellow iris. I potted up a dozen, using soil from a compost bin.

Later today, i'll walk around my gardens and see who's crowding who out of their (flower) bed. In this way i can multiply my plants (and my joy) by dividing.

Go ahead. Share your abundance.

No comments:

Post a Comment