Sunday, April 29, 2012

Forsythia Stress

All forsythias are not created equal. The yellows vary from lemon peel to butter to golden. My neighbors' forsythia radiantly reaches its arms to the sun. Mine droops and is finished blooming.

I'm dissatisfied (= stress). I want one of those really yellow forsythias (= stress).

Let's see. I could rip out the forsythia i have (= stress), and ask my neighbor for a sucker from his forsythia, and then wait a few years (= stress) for it to grow into glory.

Or maybe my location isn't sunny enough? (= more stress)

The dissatisfied mind tries to problem-solve its way out of stress and thereby fails to notice the 1st Noble Truth: Stress exists.

The problem is stressful, and the problem-solving is stressful.

Relax into the is-ness of this moment.
This moment.
Just as it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment