Monday, April 9, 2012

Look Stress Straight in the Eye


April showers are few and afar between this year. When rain does fall, as is forecast for today, it lives up to its name of "shower" and doesn't last long. My new Wellingtons remain unused.

Usually i rely on April's showers to do my watering for me when i plant and transplant, but this spring i am dragging the hose with one hand every time i have a trowel in the other hand.

This lack of rain is another example of stress in the garden: we want things to be different than they are. We want the weather to be different than it is. I don't want to carry the hose with me everywhere i go. I do want to wear my cute new Wellies.

I want.... I don't want....
Fill in those sentences for yourself, and look stress straight in the eye.

"I don't want stress" is just another stressor.

Look stress straight in the eye.
Feel it in your body.
Stick with it for 10 seconds and notice that it disappears of its own accord.

Welcome to another changeable day.

No comments:

Post a Comment