Friday, April 13, 2012

Goodbye, Dear Hemlock


For years, i've been parking my car under a hemlock tree. I call it my "hemlock garage" because its evergreen branches keep the snow off my car in the winter and the sun off my car in the summer.

Today a logger is coming to cut down the hemlock (and 10 other trees), in preparation for building an actual garage.

Goodbye dear hemlock.

Change is difficult, even when we bring it upon ourselves. We want, and we don't want. On the horns of this dilemma, the mind fights a civil war with itself, and peace is nowhere to be found.

Change is happening every minute, every second. When we recognize this truth, we begin to break through the illusion that we call "reality." We begin to break out of the dream state we walk around in.

I'm going outdoors now to wrap my arms around my dear hemlock tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment