Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Filling Myself with Golden Light

I often lead a guided loving-kindness visualization called A Lotus in Your Heart.*

Imagine a lotus 
growing in your heart. 
From the center of this lotus streams forth golden light, 
filling you from head to toe with golden light. 
The warmth of this golden light surrounds you completely 
with a feeling of well-being and protection.

While i'm lying in the radiation machine every day, i imagine this golden light streaming from my heart, filling me from head to toe with golden light. As the radiation begins its 40-second arc over my chest (and heart), finally buzzing its last 10 seconds directed at the scar on the side of my right breast, i "feel" this golden light of well-being and protection throughout my body.

May all beings feel protected.
May all beings have ease of well-being.


* Here's Ayya Khema leading the meditation.

No comments:

Post a Comment