Thursday, June 18, 2015

Too Many Forget-Me-Nots

Forget-me-nots, which, for 2 months, provided an understory of blue (or white in the white garden), have now gone by. I am pulling up dozens, hundreds of them. And then what?

If i put them in the compost, i will have even more forget-me-nots in the vegetable garden. If i throw them in the woods, they will grow there. Hmmmm. Forget-me-nots are already a garden escapee. I have one shrubby hillside where i throw all manner of enthusiastic plants i have weeded out. Or i could put them on a campfire where i throw invasive plants that i really do not want to see again.

What to do with too much? Especially when it gets old and goes to seed. Like us.

I'm planning now for my old, old age when i am no longer able to fend for myself. What will i do when beautiful young people no longer want to look at me--so old and withered and gone to seed? It's difficult to contemplate when my body is still lively.

Forget-me-nots remind us that life doesn't last forever.


No comments:

Post a Comment