|Nonnie, Christmas, 1985|
The Buddha recommends the Five Daily Reflections to us:
- I am of the nature to become old. Aging is inevitable.
- I am of the nature to become ill (and have a hitch in my git-along).
- I am of the nature to die. Death is unavoidable.
- Everything i cherish (like the garden) will change and vanish.
- My actions are the only thing i own.
The body has been the slave of the mind for all these years. The body is aging. The body has been stressed and strained. The body wants to rest.
Rest in the garden. Rest in peace.