Monday, February 14, 2011

Rooting Cuttings

I'm potting up the cuttings that i took in December--begonias, geraniums, purple-leaved wandering jew. By now they have rooted in their jars of water. Well, at least some of them have.

Leggy begonias and leggy geraniums don't root that easily. But roots sprout very easily from a place on the stem where a new offshoot of growth is just beginning.

The Buddha gave us several lists of skillful qualities, and it's up to us to try to root these in our lives. Choose just one of the following:

The Sublime Emotions
Loving-Kindness
Compassion
Appreciative Joy
Equanimity

The 5 Precepts of Integrity
Today I intend to:
Do no harm to anyone;
Take nothing that is not freely given;
Use my sexual energy wisely;
Speak truthfully and helpfully;
and Keep my mind clear.

The Supreme Qualities
Generosity
Integrity
Renunciation
Wisdom
Energy
Patience
Truthfulness
Determination
Loving-Kindness
Equanimity

Choose just one and plant it in your life today.
(Hint: Consult my book, The Meditative Gardener, for assistance and a pep talk.)

Tell me which one you choose.
Write to me at
cheryl.wilfong at meditativegardener.com

No comments:

Post a Comment