Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Orange Blossom. Oh, Honey.

My orange-tree-in-a-flowerpot is blooming. Oh, my. Orange blossoms (which are white) deserve their reputation for perfume, bridal bouquets, and honey.

We moved the three-foot tall dwarf orange tree from its summer vacation spot under the second story deck up to the deck where we sit morning and evening to sip our tea and admire the gardens and smell, smell the fragrant orange blossoms.

Seldom do we have the opportunity to practice smelling meditation. Well, sometimes we get to practice smell-y meditation. Pee-yew. Unpleasant. Get me out of here. Even perfume can be overbearing. Cough, cough. But orange blossoms are delicate and delicious. More. I want more orange blossoms. I could take a bath in orange blossoms.

The goldfinches are loving their new perch in the orange blossom tree near the bird feeder.


No comments:

Post a Comment