Monday, June 15, 2020

Bambi in the Neighborhood

Don't Touch That Fawn | A Moment of Science - Indiana Public Media
Yesterday, i saw Bambi standing in the middle of our private dirt road, all alone. She zipped off as soon as she saw me approaching.

Last week, my neighbor had the tractor-mower come and mow her half-acre meadow. About half-way through, the driver jumped off the tractor and waved his hands in the air. Newborn Bambi was lying in the tall grass, not moving a muscle.

I can tell you, a week later, all Bambi's muscles are in good working condition!

This morning, on my tour around my vegetable garden, i see that 3 of the tomato plants i planted outside the garden fence have been nibbled off by deer. That cute, innocent Bambi becomes a deer with an appetite.

The deer is just doing what deer do. The gardener is just doing what a gardener does. The plants do what plants do.

I don't need to have an opinion about any of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment