Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Done!

I reached the bottom of one compost pile. Oh, how wonderful to finally see that black plastic "floor." I put the "gate" (the fourth pallet) back on that bin and immediately began filling it up again. Sunday, my gardening friend Melissa and i hauled 2 garden cart loads of lamium to that bin, so it's about one-third full already.

Now i'm screening my way through the middle bin, using the compost to pot up plants i've thinned out of my flower beds.

I feel a certain sense of accomplishment when i finish a project--or finish a compost bin. There. That's done. But, of course, it isn't done. It's gone. That compost pile is gone. The other thing that's gone is my desire to finish, to accomplish that particular thing. Desire has evaporated, and it feels so good to be desireless for a moment.

So what do i do? Start all over again. New compost pile. New desire. New wanting-to-finish. New stress, mild though it may be.

Simply recognize stress, in all its disguises. Recognize the truth of life.

3 comments: