Tuesday, April 26, 2011

A Native Flower Naturalizes

I brought some bloodroot into one of my flowerbeds about 10 years ago, and there it stayed, dependably returning every year. Then i transplanted some of these little white wildflowers into my white garden. About 3 years ago, i started seeing bloodroot, little colonies of bloodroot in various places: in the middle of my bulb garden (where tall things usually grow), in my blue garden, and under an old apple tree. This year i am finding them in the woods.

I love when a native plant naturalizes itself in my gardens.

As we meditate and then contemplate teachings that inspire us, beneficial qualities begin to naturalize and flower in our inner garden--calm, kindness, generosity. Perhaps the happiness of a half smile.

Be the garden you would like to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment