Thursday, May 3, 2012

My Herb Garden Changes--and Vanishes

The local garden club is touring my spring garden this evening. Does my garden look good? Of course. It's spring! I have lots of spring-blooming flowers--leucojum (summer snowflake), lunaria (money plant), and phlox divercata (woodland phlox) accent the spaces between the narcissus and jonquils.

Do i feel ready for the garden tour? Of course not. My herb garden is half torn apart due to excavation, which will start tomorrow.

Everything i cherish will change and vanish. My dear herb garden is changing and vanishing. Next month, 2 trenches will be dug through it to connect utilities from the house to the little guest room attached to the garage. Tomorrow, a 4-foot pile of dirt will be piled on top of the back half of the herb garden. It will be a mess out there. Now, it's just a pre-mess.

Everything i cherish will change and vanish, including myself. These "little"changes are just preparing me for the big event.


No comments:

Post a Comment