Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Body Water

79 degrees with humidity is my melting point. I like to get my gardening done before the thermometer reaches 79 degrees. Above that, i just want to collapse into water, go to a lake, or paddle away in my kayak. I can limp on in the garden though, if i'm working in the shade.

What a relief to have an excuse to walk into my 60 degree basement where there's a toilet, as well as various gardening paraphernalia, such as bamboo stakes for tall plants that look like they are melting toward the ground.

Using the cool toilet when i am hot and sweaty is a delightful exercise in mindfulness. There's all that coolness to notice. Ahhh. Pleasant. Pleasant. Pleasant.

And then there's the precipitation falling out of the body. Or the composted material.

Another opportunity to reflect on the innards garden before i return to the outer garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment