Thursday, March 28, 2013

Not Letting the Grass Grow Under My Snowy Feet

The snow has melted off my neighbor Connie's lawn and garden, but not off of mine. She tells me she's planting seeds today, directly sowing lettuce into the garden and covered the area with clear plastic until the seeds germinate.

Not waiting for the grass to grow under my snowy feet, i decide to sow seeds also in my warmest, sunniest place--a little flowerbed that is 8 feet long and 2 feet wide. It faces due south and has a stone wall (i.e., heat collector) behind it. We could call it my heat sink garden.

Today i sowed a little bit of kale, a few chard, a pinch of broccoli seeds, some tat soi, and a "stir fry mix."

Our good friends challenge us to do our best. My gardening friend Connie challenges me to get going in the spring garden.

Our Dharma friends challenge us to live a wholesome life and to act and speak kindly and helpfully.




No comments:

Post a Comment