Monday, May 27, 2013

The Month of May

20 years ago, i graduated from Antioch University New England on May 3 with a Master's degree in Counseling. As a reward to myself, i dedicated the month of May to gardening. Then i started my job hunt in June.

Whenever i can, i love dedicating May as my major gardening month. What a great excuse to be outdoors, watching flowers come and go, my finger on the pulse of life.














Vermont Insight Meditation Center, where i teach, dedicated this month to a May Meditation Challenge. 72 people signed up to stabilize their practice by meditating every day. If they already had a steady practice, their commitment was to sit twice a day. My own commitment was to meditate outdoors every day. My cushion and shawl are sitting right beside the door to the deck.

Vermont Insight sends out an inspirational quote every morning.

What inspires us to meditate? What inspires us to place our fingers on the pulse of our life, on the pulse of our breath, the pulse of our thoughts and pay attention to our one and only precious life?

No comments:

Post a Comment