Thursday, May 2, 2013

Meditating with a Squirrel

The meditation center where i teach is sponsoring a May Meditation Challenge and sending out daily inspirational messages. (You can sign up here.)

For those who have a sporadic practice, the goal is to sit every day.
For those who have an established practice, perhaps you could sit twice a day.
For myself, i've taken on the challenge of sitting outdoors every day.

I do love sitting on my deck and listening to the fullness of birds singing all around me. This morning, a gray squirrel sat 2 feet away from me. I watched her breathing, and she watched me breathing.

I can hardly wait to go meditate on my deck again :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi; I couldn't find an email address so am leaving this in a comment. Hope you find it!

    My name is Paul Harrison. I'm author of TheDailyMeditation.com. I thought you might like to know that we have selected your website / blog as one of our top 10 meditation sites for 2013. If you would like to read the article, you may find it here: http://thedailymeditation.com/?p=690

    ReplyDelete