Wednesday, June 6, 2012

My summer squash seeds still have not sprouted. Well, they were packed in 2004, so i expected a low germination rate. I just hoped it wouldn't be 0%. Oh well, it's time to replant.

I just finished teaching an 8-week class called Begin Again. The students all had previous meditation experience, but meditation had fallen away from their lives. So they began again, as we all do, every time we sit down on the cushion.

It's time to replant our intention to meditate.

What do you aspire to?

In the garden, i aspire to a crop of summer squash (my favorite!)
In meditation, i aspire to daily sitting. I am inspired by the Dalai Lama who arises at 3 a.m. and meditates for 3 hours before turning on the BBC World News at 7:00 a.m. What a great way to start the day.

I've already started my day with a long sit and with writing this Dharma blog. Now it's time to walk out into this summer day and plant summer squash :)

Photo from klesickfamilyfarm.com

No comments:

Post a Comment